#Name? Error

jlokenvitz

I am working on creating a database to track the contracts for my department, including all modifications and invoices as well as how much is left to pay on each contract. I have run into a problem, however. I have a query (UnobligatedQuery) with fields Contracts_ContractNumber, TotalAmount, TotalInvoiced, and Unobligated. I have a form called Contracts Query with fields ContractNumber (unbound dropdown list that pulls data from a query), DateAwarded, DeliveryDate, CCageCode, Status, StatusDate, PRNumber, PONumber, InitialAmount, SumOfFundingChange, TotalAmount, and Unobligated. This form also has a couple subforms but they are working fine.

The issue is with the Unobligated field in the form. I tried linking it directly to the Unobligated field in UnobligatedQuery but keep getting the #Name? error. I did some google searching and found a IIF formula (=IIf(IsNull([TotalAmount]-[Invoices Query]![TotalInvoiced]),0,([TotalAmount]-[Invoices Query]![TotalInvoiced]))) that is supposed to work in this situation but I get the same results. Any and all help with this situation is appreciated.

I am sure that the solution is something very simple that I am missing. Also, I was looking around to try to figure out how to attach the database to this post to help the troubleshooting but have not found how to insert anything other than pictures and video. I can email the database to someone if that will help. Thank you all in advance for your help.

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
I included that in the syntax, with the new statement being =If(IsError(IIf(IsNull([TotalAmount]-[Invoices Query]![TotalInvoiced]),0,([TotalAmount]-[Invoices Query]![TotalInvoiced])))). I am still getting the #Name? error. Any other ideas?

Upvote 0
try this:
you need to add the parameters that go with the Is ERROR. You have to tell it what to do. for example, I use "",0. That way it will get rid of the #NAME and set it to blank else it would set it to 0 if the #NAME was not there.

Upvote 0
This error is often caused by the inability to resolve a reference to a field or control name. From what I read, your control Unobligated has the same name as your query field, which will cause this Error. Try renaming your control (probably better) or assigning an alias to your query field name. Your control names usually get the same name as your fields when you use a form or report wizard.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craigvan888

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back