My Questions

SamS

This morning when I logged onto Excel Questions there was a link to My Questions which I had never seen before and it worked great. I have just returned to this site and it ain't there any more. Is this link normally there and it IS just my PC? :confused:

That link is there Sam, under two conditions:

1) You must be logged in.
2) You must be in a forum list of questions and not looking at the list of forums themselves.

:)

On 2003-01-10 01:31, Dreamboat wrote:
That link is there Sam, under two conditions:

1) You must be logged in.
2) You must be in a forum list of questions and not looking at the list of forums themselves.

:)

Thanks Anne, I think it must be my PC as our IT dept really hack the software around something fierce, they try and cover every available PC on the market with their scripts and it slows the PC's down and makes the software do strange things. I've checked on my home PC and it is there all the time.

Sometimes a good firewall at your place of employment will prevent Mr.Excel from being able to identify you individualy (specifically, find your IP), and therefor not know what questions are your's.
I have to relog in to MrExcel everytime I revisit the site (at work), but never at home.

edit: added '(at work)'

HTH,

_________________<EMBED src=http://mitglied.lycos.de/corticus/sig.swf width=170 height=70>
Corticus@TheOfficeExperts.com
TheOfficeExperts.com
This message was edited by Corticus on 2003-01-13 09:42

Thanks fellas, I don't know which firewall our place uses but they seem to play with it every now and then. It quarantines all MS files with macros attached although it often fails when a friend sends me one in spanish, they often get through.

For what its worth

Firewalls eh

OK set to packets and restrick all, now allow JUST waht you want to receive, and thinks like

DSN's, mail from Jack with attachments checking URL, Scripts from Frinds, FTP's and so on.

Problem solved,

Some lesser firewalls are poor and can be exploited

Try to send text in wingdings and see, will get through OK, however my company commands codes of connections so this will not work

Delphie and Borland can excute in any text, after all text if binary as any input is on base level.

BTW the better the firewall the more custom and user friendly it is.

JITUK

Outlook most dislike but thats easy to get arround even in Xp security in Windows even Xp is dreadful

Jack
London

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senthil Murugan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back