"my posts"

Gates Is Antichrist

Am I missing this? All I see is to search for my handle.

I was kind of hoping that a "my posts" would also sort in replies to questions I initiate. Better yet, a descending-by-last-activitiy-date list of the threads I posted in.

If this doesn't exist, I imagine it's asking for a lot; but my question is... does this already exist?

It would be MONDO nice just to see if any of my threads have moved (both ones I created and those just responded to) ... rather than just see the sorted list of my own posts. (I already know what *I* said!! I'd like a visual cue when someone *else* hits the thread!)

Hi! :)

Actually, with this new board, each thread has an option to "watch the thread" whether you participate in it or not.

So now, when you're posting a reply to someone, you have the option to "notify my when a reply is posted" even if you are not the OP.

Also, if you happen to read a thread you find interesting, and you want to keep tabs on even if you're not participating, there is a link at the bottom of the page labeled "watch this topic for replies." If you click that, you will be "subscribed" to the thread in question, and every time someone adds to the thread, you will receive an email.

Any help? :)

Jon? I'm a bit confused. I am not seeing anything like that on the index page..

Edit: Nevermind. You used the numbers instead of www.mrexcel.com like I do so I wasn't logged in when I clicked the link. It's there now. :)

Thank you Miss Pookie. Yes, I do subscribe, though it's not as quick as seeing a page of my threads as described above.

BUT I did not know of the value of "watching the thread." Now, thanks to you, I'll bang that link on each thread I post it but did not initiate(which seems to be already on by default). Good one!

You're quite a treasure.

just_jon, that was exactly the answer I was looking for, but "My Posts" does not show up for me there (unless I'm both blind and Control-F failed).

edit: Kristy, I clicked the link directly from the message, and didn't get it.

Gates Is Antichrist said:
just_jon, that was exactly the answer I was looking for, but "My Posts" does not show up for me there (unless I'm both blind and Control-F failed).

edit: Kristy, I clicked the link directly from the message, and didn't get it.

The same thing happened to me, until I realized I wasn't logged in. Since the board uses "cookies," you have to be logged in for that to show up (kind of hard to use "my posts" when it doesn't know who you are! :) )

But the only reason for that is that some people are still using the old http://216.92.17.166/board2/ to get here instead of http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/ like I am. It's the same board, just 2 different ways of getting there. Just go to the index page of whatever link you use, and it should be there now :)

Gates Is Antichrist said:
I'm seeing an interesting time of day on these posts - is in on Greenwich time?

Yep. You can go into your profile and change it to your specific timezone. Works wonders ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senthil Murugan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back