Multiple Units on Chart Axis

tydguy17

Board Regular
Hi, I need ideas on how to display a Metric and Imperial units on a chart. The problem is I need to somehow show these on the primary AND secondary axis. The chart is showing a comparison of pump performances with speed curves and an expected output torque.

Y1 Axis: Output Speed (RPM)
Y2 Axis: Output Torque (ft-lbs AND N-m)
X1 Axis: Differential Operating Pressure (PSI AND KPa)

I need to generate +150 graphs so having a result that can be automated (macro) would be great. I thought of overlaying a second chart, but I have no idea how I can line up the axis exactly, and keep it lined up as the graph changes.

Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
You can create custom gridlines (one for multiples of Imperial units and one for multiples of Metric) and add custom labels to each. The big-picture: you create a new series of points on the Y axis where X=0 and Y increments every 10 ft-bls (for example) and a second series where X=0 and Y increments every 10 N-m. Plot those points on the chart, create positive X error bars to stand in for the default gridlines, then delete the default gridlines. Same thing on the X axis for 100 PSI and 1000 KPa. For a step-by-step example, follow this link to the Peltier Technical Services web site.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alchavar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back