Multiple textbox calculation.

Pacman52

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Just trying to workout a solution to get the cost of making a product so that I can calculate the gross and net margins on an events totals sales income. I know how to do all of this if it was just a simple case of entering the sale, expensive's and the cost of the goods sold but because the user wants to be able to identify each different bottle blend (which is the product) that was sold and this information whilst recorded at the actual event is not always readily available to enter onto the Userform if at all.

So I was wondering if I could simply put in a new textbox called say 'Total', that would calculate the total number of bottles entered in the various textboxes for the different blends (31 in total) then calculate each blend textbox value (always a number) and have the total number added together populate the Total textbox which in turn that total would be written to the worksheet (after the save button is clicked) to use in gross and net margins formulas.

I would envisage put the calculation code with the save click macro for ease.

So logically I'm thinking this is all viable and if so how do I do it or is there an easier way to get this to work?

just a note - not all of the different blends would have a value in the relevant textbox for each event.

Thanks for any advice offered Paul

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Good to hear you got the solution.
If you would like to post the solution then it is perfectly fine to mark your post as the solution to help future readers. Otherwise, please do not mark a post that doesn't contain a solution.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvp2262

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back