Multiple Tables?

Golfdog

Trying to figure out how to do this efficiently. I have a table with over 1000 assignments for individual persons to complete. These assignments vary from day to day and are set up within the table by Day fields. I have the fields labled Daya, Dayb...etc, to Dayg.

Within those fields would be a daycode (0 for Sunday to 6 for Saturday), some of the fields will also be blank. It can vary where the daycode could end up among the fields. I.E. Daya could have a 0, Dayb a 1, Dayc a 2 in one record and Daya a 6 and Dayb a 0 in another record.

I have a lookup field that displays a list of persons to complete the assignments. The problem I have right now is that the one person's name for the record shows that they have the assignment for all the days, when in essence they may only do the assignment 4 or 5 of the days. A different person may be assigned to perform the work the other days.

Example;

Assign Start End Daya Dayb Dayc Dayd Daye Dayf Dayg Employee
Task1 0600 0630 1 2 3 4 5 Jones
Task2 0700 0800 6 0 Smith
Task3 0900 0930 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 Doe

The other hope is to link this to an employee schedule table, but I'll settle for just getting this solved right now.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Looks like I may have something on my hands that is unfixable? A follow up question, or suggestions...

Any ideas on how to structure a database that would have assignments (actually there are several hundred) that can vary from day to day and relate that to a person being assigned to that task? A different person could be assigned depending on a persons off days.

I was thinking a table for each day of the week but that sounds way too complicated and time consuming.

Any ideas?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Assy Bissy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back