Multiple subforms on a report

Tlewman

Board Regular
The goal: To have one report showing sales data from multiple sources for a specific division (the division is a prompt so each person using the db can view their division).

I have a report that combines several subforms (10). These subforms are all linked to the main form by a field named "Division". Each subform pulls data from a different query, which pull data from different tables that come from different sources. In each of my queries, I am returning only the top 5 sales records (I don't care about the rest) and am prompting for the division.

This works but the problem is:
when I put each of the subreports (based on their respective queries) into the main report, I get prompted for the same division 10 times. I had to create the queries because I only need the top 5 records from each table. If I take the prompts out of the division field in the query, my report shows blanks if that division is not one of the top 5 sellers.

Is there a way to combine all of these with only one prompt?

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Hi,

I'm a little confused regarding your question, but I think you might find the answer in this article. About half way down is a heading titled "Creating a form to supply parameters to a query" - have a read of that section.

It explains how you can create a dialogue box (I discussed it in another post here) which might prompt you for the division, and the value from the dialogue box gets passed through to the 10 queries to stop each and every query prompting you for the division (I think this is what you want).

HTH, Andrew. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freddocp

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back