multiple scale bars

VBA

Heya,

I googled around and used the excel help-function, but I must be using the wrong terms for I found nothing on this subject :(

I would like to put different data in one and the same graph. For example, I'm graphing costs against mont AND working hours. The costs are way, way more (in millions) than the working hours (in thousands).
With only one y-scale bar (left) such a graph might give you insight in the costs, but makes the differences in working hours unreadable as they're so low on the chart and seem to be at the same height all the time. :rolleyes:

Is it possible in excel to have an y-scale (left) for series 1, and an y-scale (right) for series 2?

Or should I just make 2 transparent graphs and place them on top of one another? ;)

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Hi

With your two data series in the chart, right click on just one of the series and choose Format Data Series. On the axis tab you can choose to have it displayed on a secondary Y axis.

Upvote 0
Ow, dang! I only checked that property thrice :rolleyes:

e61944a4acf8495b544c5e2439099a08.gif

Thank you so much! :biggrin:

Upvote 0
I have done several searches, but this is the closest I have found to my problem.

Any suggestion on how to do this in Excel 2000 (sorry, corporate environment and they will not upgrade)? I have a Format Data Series tab, but no "displayed on a secondary Y axis" option.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back