Multiple Form Entries...

DasT

In my db i currently have 2 tables, one for company information, and one for other contacts, the other contacts table has a One company to many contacts link, thus there will be one company and then as many contacts as needed stored per company.

What i need now if a method to input and display these contacts via a form, is it possible to switch between contact records in a single txt box or through another method?

thanks for your help :)

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Create two forms.

A company form based on the company table with companyID, name etc.

A contacts form based on the contacts table with companyID, contactID, name etc.

Save these. Open the company form in design view, ensure that the Toolbox wizard is on. Now add a subform.

Access should guide you through the process of addding the contacts form and linking it (via company ID) to the company table.

Upvote 0
Ah now i see, thanks it works great, but it there any way to make this blend in with the rest of the form? rather than it looking so seperate? if you get my meaning

Upvote 0
if you get my meaning

No I don't.

You can change the properties of the subform itself and also the subform control on the main form.

BTW the best way to view multiple entries like you have would be to set the Default View property to Continuos Form.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zack_ken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back