NateCaruso

I'm building out a form where I'd like a cell to either be unusable or have a dropdown list available depending on the input in the row.

So the example is if the user in cell A3 selects "Yes" I want cell B3 to be unusable similiar to this function =A3<>"Yes".

But if the user in cell A3 selects "No" I want cell B3 to then populate with a list from another sheet in the work book.

I tried to input a IF function that looked like=IF(A3="Yes",<>,!sheet2!A1:A23) but that errored out. Let me know if I'm going about the issue in the right way. I just need to solve for a decision tree to either stop the user from adding more info or have them supply more info.

Thanks for any help!

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
So although that works for a case where I have multiple lists that could appear for one cell, in my case its either only one list or blank. I dont want to have to make drop downs with nothing available because other users will think its messed up.

So in Column A the user can select "Make New" "Tie to New from directly above" "Update Existing" "Tie to Existing from directly above"
In Column B if the user chose either "Make New" or "Tie to New from directly above" they would get the same list for a color choice ("blue" "black" "red"). If the user has chosen either "Update Existing" or "Tie to Existing from directly above" the column greys out and I would like to have the field error if anything is input.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alchavar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back