Mulitple Sheet SubReport problems

Joe4

MrExcel MVP, Junior Admin
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a report that has subreports on it. My subreports are placed in group headers. I have one very large subreport that has over a page worth of data.

Now, here is what happens:
When it gets to the large subreport, it determines that it can't fit it all on the current page, so it puts it on a new page. Since it is over a page long, it then runs onto a third page.

Here are my questions:

1. Can I have it so that will not go to a new page if it cannot fit all the data on the first page? I would like it to fit as much as it can on the first page, then go to a second. If so, then it would only take up two pages instead of three and there wouldn't be a large blank section on the first page. (BTW, in the Grouping, I have "Keep Togethter" set to "No", so that is not the cause of my problem).

2. My subreport has a heading. However, when my data runs onto a new page, it does not print the heading on the new page. I tried moving it between the Page Header and Report Header sections of my subreport, but it made no difference. How can I get the heading to repeat when the subreport runs onto a second page?

TIA

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
The problem has been solved. I had to use the "Keep Together" property in the section (header, detail, etc.) , not in the Grouping box.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hamdan17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back