Mssing Functions

Seti

I have a problem with Access 2000/Winn 2K. The database is about half a gig. I have a couple tables and maybe 100 queries and a few functions in my modules. When I quit Access and reload, all of the functions, both basic Access functions such as YEAR and my user defined functions in a module are no longer found when I run my queries. The database was working fine on Firday, but not on Monday.

Also, the database is on the network, but I tried copying local and I had the same problem. Do I need to reinstall Access? Any other ideas?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Seti.

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
That's a noodle-scratcher. I don't know exactly how you'd fix something like this, but here's my typical corruption process:
1. Use Compact and Repair in "Tools"->"Database Utilities"
2. Use Detect and Repair under "Help"
3. Create a blank database and import all of your objects into the new database. Corruption is often repaired on import, although it doesn't sound like any one particular object has corrupted.
4. Restore your last back-up (the one you made before you left on Friday, right?) and reinput all of the missing data.

*You say that it's on a network; how is it running on other people's workstations? If it's OK, then you probably have errors in your persoal installation and either need to Detect and Repair or reinstall.

Upvote 0
Have a look to see if any references are missing. Open any module, go to tools, references. Make sure the Microsoft DAO 3.51 library is checked. I think it is that library that you need. I know it is for Access97 but not sure for Access2000

David

Upvote 0
Thanks for the speedy reply. I really appreciate it.

I have already had to resort to importing into a new blank database. That is the only way to fix the problem that I could come up with.

When I repair/compact the database, it doesn't help. It is the same as quitting Access. When I reload the database, I still have the same problem.

Detect and repair did not help either. Same situation.

My last back-up is what I am importing from. Still the same problem.

I ran the database on a different PC and it seems to work OK so I am going to reload Access and see if it solves the problem. - Did not, but I copied a version of the database from the "other" PC to mine and I seem to be cured for now.

Again, thanks for the reply.

Seti

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvp2262

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back