MSOWCF.dll

linger

hi

does anyone know where i should put this library? i'm having problems using the functions. access does not recognize the names of the function. i've checked my office folder and MSOWCF.dll is in the folder. i've tried using all caps and no caps and caps on first alphabets for the functions but it still returns #Name?. does it matter where i put this file?

thanks...
frustrated! :oops:

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Hi,

Have you referenced it?

In the Visual Basic Editor choose Tools, References and click Browse. Then navigate the the msowcf.dll file. If the file is correctly registered then it should then become available to your project.

Hope this helps. By the way, I never knew about this particular file and it looks very useful so cheers mate!

Upvote 0
Yeah, there is some good stuff going on here, you'll still want to bind even after having set your reference. Not sure how how to late bind to this, but here's an early bind example after following Dan's process:

<font face=Courier New><SPAN style="color:darkblue">Sub</SPAN> testkjkjdf()
<SPAN style="color:darkblue">Dim</SPAN> mFunc <SPAN style="color:darkblue">As</SPAN> MSOWCFLib.OCATP
<SPAN style="color:darkblue">Set</SPAN> mFunc = <SPAN style="color:darkblue">New</SPAN> MSOWCFLib.OCATP
<SPAN style="color:darkblue">Debug</SPAN>.<SPAN style="color:darkblue">Print</SPAN> Format(mFunc.EDATE(Date, 1), "MM")
<SPAN style="color:darkblue">Debug</SPAN>.<SPAN style="color:darkblue">Print</SPAN> mFunc.NETWORKDAYS(<SPAN style="color:darkblue">Date</SPAN> - 2, <SPAN style="color:darkblue">Date</SPAN>)
<SPAN style="color:darkblue">Debug</SPAN>.<SPAN style="color:darkblue">Print</SPAN> mFunc.ISEVEN(43)
<SPAN style="color:darkblue">Set</SPAN> mFunc = <SPAN style="color:darkblue">Nothing</SPAN>
<SPAN style="color:darkblue">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:darkblue">Sub</SPAN></FONT>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hglymph

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back