MS Word - Edit Multiple Docs From One Master File

DPXCV

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm struggling to find what the terminology may be for what I'm looking for online, so I'm hoping someone can assist me here.

I have five separate template documents for different vendors with our company. The templates have header and footer information that is the same across all vendors, but the body will comprise information that is company specific. What I would like to create is a master file where, when I open it, it asks me which of the five documents I would like to open (kind of like a catalog). In addition, when I make a change to the master file, it will update all of the other five files it's linked to.

Any suggestions?

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Greg Maxey's website, has a lot of good Word VBA macros.

DIY?...You can open Word with a blank document and start a Macro Record, to format one of your documents, and stop the record. Step into the code and you might be surprised, that the record might work.Or at least provide a starting point to edit until it works. You could then use this code and add into another macro, it is relatively simple to make the slight changes for a different company. I would use 5 different single click Quick Access Toolbar icons. You can do a MsgBox which pops up and you choose the letter via the selectable circles next to each row item, but these are quite difficult.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugubara

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back