MS Access Runtime won't show Form

rplohocky

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I installed Access Runtime 2010 on a PC that does not have the full version of Access 2010. I'm running windows 7 on that PC. I am trying to see how runtime looks and will work for deployment on about 25 PC's in order to update records.

I installed runtime 2010 and then saved the database on the desktop. I then went into the registry to make the file a trusted location, after I did this the warning pop up was gone. After trolling the net for answers I was unable to find an answer as to why the form is not showing up when I open the file. I double click the DB and runtime opens but that's it, no form and no other options in runtime to even trouble shoot. I found numerous people online with the same issue but there issues aren't identical to mine.

Anyone know why the form is not showing up?

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
I installed Access Runtime 2010 on a PC that does not have the full version of Access 2010. I'm running windows 7 on that PC. I am trying to see how runtime looks and will work for deployment on about 25 PC's in order to update records.

I installed runtime 2010 and then saved the database on the desktop. I then went into the registry to make the file a trusted location, after I did this the warning pop up was gone. After trolling the net for answers I was unable to find an answer as to why the form is not showing up when I open the file. I double click the DB and runtime opens but that's it, no form and no other options in runtime to even trouble shoot. I found numerous people online with the same issue but there issues aren't identical to mine.

Anyone know why the form is not showing up?

Have you set the startup option for what form to load when the database opens?

[NOTE] To test the runtime environment on a PC with a full version of Access installed you can rename the front ed from .accdb/.accde to .accdr. Oping the the .accdr forces Access into runtime mode.

I have blogged out his here: Access Runtime

Upvote 0
I just assigned the correct form to the DB. Before it said "none".

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckrings

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back