MrExcel UNWANTED E-Mail

DaGoose

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Somehow somewhere I have turned on an option in MrExcel to have MrExcel mail me almost every thread posted in Excel Questions. I have looked and looked but can not find where to turn this off. can someone help me with this. I may have to get another E-Mail address if I can not turn this option off. 30-70 questions a day on top of my normal E-Mail is driving me nuts.

Last edited:
To unsubscribe from a forum (for example Excel Questions)
1. Go into the Forum (ex. Excel Questions)
2. At the top of the forum, in the 2nd blue bar, click on the option "Forum Tools"
3. From the dropdown, select "Unsubscribe from this forum" (top half of dropdown)

Edit: Hadn't seen Tracy's post (I'm a slow typist ;))

I'm not certain what you have done but if you are getting 30-70 notifications per day, you probably are not subscribed to all threads in the Excel Questions forum, otherwise you would be getting many more emails than that.

A couple of things to try ..

1. Go to the Excel Questions forum then near the top right there is a Forum Tools drop-down. The third item in the list is normally 'Subscribe to This Forum'. If yours says 'Unsubscribe from This Forum' then I would do that. (I don't really think this is your issue, but worth a check)

2. In the blue bar at near the top of the page go to Quick Links --> Subscribed Threads.
If you think there are threads in this list that you don't want to be notified about, check the relevant boxes at the right of the page. You could check them all by checking the box right at the top of the list but this will end up unsubscribing you from all your threads, including those you have posted to! Now go to the bottom of the page and click the Selected Threads drop-down. Choose 'Delete Subscription' (or any of the other choices if they seem appropriate for you) then click 'Go' just beside the drop-down.

Post back if these suggestions do not solve the problem.

it helped for a couple of days, I was down to maybe 5-10 E-Mails aday. This morning I had over 60 from the last two days. I have tried everythng I know short of cancelling my E-Mail which I do not want to do. It is becoming a big paid to delete all the e-mails. I use this E-Mail account for my personel and business mail. It is getting bombbarded with MrExcel email. I just want it to stop.

It's probably because you have your settings set to Instant Email Notification. So everytime you make a post - you are subscribed to it.
I've set you to "Subscribe with NO notifications" - so you'll still subscribe to posts, but you will NOT get ANY emails anymore. That's your default. If you do want an email for a specific thread, then you can Go Advanced when you post and select to receive emails.
As for your existing subscriptions - you'll need to clear those yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugubara

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back