MrExcel.com in Excel Help

Greg Truby

MrExcel MVP
Maybe this is old news to some of y'all but 'twas new for me. We just upgraded to Office 2003 around here and I was looking up something in help (to try to help a poster no less) -- in the topic "Insert page numbers on worksheets" -- the "See Also" link expanded to say "Advanced articles and tools from MrExcel.com". Well, I just had to check that out and it led me here. So, congrats Bill & Co., you're really "on the inside" now!

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Yup, MrExcel.com has been on Office Marketplace for some time now, actually. It's not a real well-publicized area of MS though, unfortunately. I think there's some great stuff to be had there.

And MS does pay attention, yes. You just hardy ever see it. ;)

Couldn't we hype MrExcel up by adding comments/ratings?

Yeah, where the heck are these people who do the ratings?

"1900 Excel VBA Examples on CD" gets two stars. Only 20 votes, but *still*. Hmph! :x

Taz

Just submitted a comment, and gave MrExcel 5 stars.

Don't quite know exactly how these things work though, so I don't know what the outcome will be.

They're all on an average of all votes, the stars anyway. All by user comments/ratings. MS doesn't have anything to do with that except setting it up.

There are also a copy of real articles written by me up there. The people at QUE keep telling me that one day they went to the home page of Microsoft.com and the featured link that day was a link to an article that I wrote about pivot tables.

Of course, no one shot a screen shot of that day, so right now, it just sounds like a third-hand "big fish that got away" story.... But - you never know - maybe it is true.

Later today - I will post a picture of Zack, Colo, Andy Pope and I. We all got together in Seattle. Don't tell Zack that I said this - but he sure is a nice guy.

And, while I am checking in - Excel 12 (due out in September 2006) is going to be awesome! It is now public information that they have expanded to 2^20 rows - something like 1.1 million. And the columns go out to XFD - 10,000+ columns. :twisted: I will *never* need to use Access again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattyM

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back