MrExcel charity!

Akashwani

Good day,

I'm not sure if I am posting this in the correct place, so if it should be somewhere else could someone move it and let me know where it is please?

I have been using Excel and MrExcel for around 9 months now.
When I first started, I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't even know the difference between Save and Save AS. I am a very slow learner, (I was as a child), but thanks to the kind, unselfish and patient nature of the Excel experts on here, I have managed to stumble and bumble my way from Save As to creating spreadsheets and Userforms, all though I don't know how the codes/formulas really work.

The reason for this post is that I would like to try and repay the excellent help, time and overwhelming generosity of knowledge shown to me. I was wondering if MrExcel has a preferred charity that I could make a donation to. I don't want to lay down any conditions really, but a UK charity would be preferable.

Would it be a good idea to have an annual charity associated with MrExcel that people like myself could donate to? I'm sure this would be an excellent way to raise funds. or is there one already that I am unaware of?

I greatly appreciate all the wonderful assistance that you have all shown me over the previous 9 months. I cannot name you all, as I fear missing someone out and offending them, I am sure that you all know who you are and I thank you deeply.

Warmest regards

Ak

Next new thread will be just around the corner no doubt!

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
I'm sure MrExcel himself will reply but I'm sure he'd approve of people making donations to any charity in the name of MrExcel ... with Children in Need kicking off tonight in the UK I'd say that was uncanny timing - almost spooky :)

This is a great idea.

In the past, we collectively donated to FISH in the US for a holiday project back in 2002. Then, when Dreamboat was diagnosed with cancer, we raised funds for the American Cancer Society Relay for Life.

One approach might be to find out about a favorite charity of Just_Jon and choose that charity in his memory. (His obit says the Humane Society or any charity)

Another idea is a charity in Canada who rehabs old computers and gets them
into the hands of disadvantaged youth.

Other ideas? Can someone in the UK offer suggestions of a suitable charity there?

Bill

Children In Need would be a good suggestion for the UK or maybe UNICEF for a more wide ranging charity.

Dom

Hi,

I think that it would be a good idea for MrExcel himself to nominate a charity as any donations would be made in his name.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to provide a link on the forums and homepage to the charity.

Seeing as MrExcel has a truly global reach, perhaps a charity that spans the globe would be appropriate, UNICEF is a good idea Dom.

A Charity with a UK base is appealing for me because as a UK tax payer, for every £100 donated the UK Government adds £28.21 in Gift aid (£25 tax refund and a £3.21 supplement), which is nice. So the charity receives £128.21 in total, which is really nice.

I hope that this idea of an annual MrExcel nominated charity takes off, as I believe that I am not alone in wanting to give something back to the MrExcel community. Over to you Bill, how about it?

Warmest regards.

Ak

The reason for this post is that I would like to try and repay the excellent help, time and overwhelming generosity of knowledge shown to me

I greatly appreciate all the wonderful assistance that you have all shown me over the previous 9 months. I cannot name you all, as I fear missing someone out and offending them, I am sure that you all know who you are and I thank you deeply.
I understand your feelings. By your name or your username, I think you are from India. that does not probably matter. In my viewpoint, MrExcel website has a respectable goodwill on the internet for Microsoft Office stuff and your thoughts to contribute are fair enough - BUT - MrExcel is not the only website on the internet for learning and development of Office Applications. There are more fierce websites on the internet exclusively for Excel and they rather have an amazing learning curve.

Just before you contribute to any hopeless organization or trust - just visit these websites for once and you will find there are many deserving companys or websites where you could donate your money in respect to the development of Microsoft Office. My point is, you would not come to a Microsoft Office website or a forum just because you wanted to donate your money to UNICEF or CRY ? UNICEF for example is so powerful, yet there are thousands dying of hunger in India alone.. forget the rest of the world! Albeit, do you think that your money should be utilized in the right manner so that you and people like you can come over to these forums and develop their skills like you did, free of cost ?

I suggest you should donate to Microsoft Office Applications websites or forums like this one which make learning and development a lot easier and that too free of cost. It does not matter if MrExcel does not accept donations today. There are many other websites & forums for Excel which are amongst the best and look out for donation just to keep themselves going and providing free counselling to people across the globe. Just contribute your money wisely, friend :-D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabat01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back