Mr. Excel Not Responding?

Smitty

Legend
I have Verizon DSL @ home. (About the SIHHITIEST Customer Service I've ever dealt with :unsure: , with the EXCEPTION of 2 great folks I dealt with last week :biggrin: , but they still didn't know the answer!)

On about every other post from home, Mr. Excel/my browser (IE) locks up. This is my first "Forum" with which to participate and I know D*&K about the Internet (that's the wife's gig...), so I'm clueless on this...

We have T-1 @ work and I never have a problem unless the T-1 goes down.

Verizon says it's my problem, but we've got (thanks to the CW) a firewall & VirusScan.

When it locks up, I have CTRL+ALT+DELETE, Select & End Task 7+ times to get IE to close down. (PITA!)

Any ideas?

Smitty

Maybe this oughtta be moved to the Microsoft rant in the Lounge... :devilish:

Hello Smitty,
pennysaver said:
On about every other post from home, Mr. Excel/my browser (IE) locks up. This is my first "Forum" with which to participate and I know D*&K about the Internet (that's the wife's gig...), so I'm clueless on this...
I would be hesitant to say it locks up unless it really locks up, i.e., I.E. wont't respond. Try hitting f5 (refresh) when you get a white screen, it generally works wonders, although not perfect.
Maybe this oughtta be moved to the Microsoft rant in the Lounge... :devilish:
Interesting forum concept. I happen to [generally] like MS products! :p

Bon chance! :)

Heya Nate!

I've tried refresh and it (IE) truly is truly locked up. No response, can't nav to another page/site, etc. On this one, I'm gonna blame Verizon...

As for what MS has done, we wouldn't be here without it. I wonder sometimes if people get too caught up in the MS "Hipe" vs. where we'd be if no one had ever listened to Admiral Hooper.

And why doesn't anyone start a rant about thanking the many folks (some here I'm sure) who helped develop Excel! All of the schnzit that we talk about and use was thought up by MS Developers & MVP's. They oughta' be thanked.

Smitty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaskin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back