Mr Excel HTML maker missing from ribbon

markgordonis

Hi
I’ve been trying to install Mr Excel HTML maker. I’m using Excel 2007. If I click on the Excel Office Button, then Excel Options, then Add-ins, VBHTMLmaker.xla is displayed as an active application add-in. However it doesn’t appear anywhere in the ribbon – can someone please tell me why?
Thanks!

I think it goes onto the addins tab.

Hi Rory

Thanks for your post. I quite agree - the Add-Ins tab was where I was expecting to see it, but it wasn't there. I've also checked all the other tabs.

I'm not sure where to go from here - is there any other application I can use that is not an add-in?

By the way, when I open Excel there is a notification which reads "Access to VB Project is not trusted". When I make the HTML maker add-in inactive this notification does not appear. I'm thinking the solution might be something to do with security/trust settings, but I'm not sure what settings to alter.

I'm not sure if I've put the add-in the right location - I've put it in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 12\Library\Analysis\ (which is where my Analysis Tool Pack is).

Thanks
Mark

In the trust center you need to enable access to the VBProject. I suspect that is your problem.

Hi Rory

In the Trust Center I've ticked "Trust Access to VBA project object model" and this now means that the notification mentioned above does not appear. However still no sign of the HTML maker on the ribbon - any ideas?

Thanks
Mark

is it listed in the disabled addins section?

Did you download the right file? VBHTMLmaker.xla is not the MrExcel html maker (you want the zip file on the Skydrive account that I downloaded from whch was entitled "HtmlMaker20101230").

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Penapensil

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back