Mr. excel addin HTML to print code in color

BX

Board Regular
Hi there,
I'm not quite sure how to use the add in on this site to print my code in color as it appears on the screen.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
BX
Happy Holidays.

Moved to 'About This Board'.

As to your actual question, it does not appear as its own menu as the HTML Maker does.

As stated on the add-in download page:

The program will add 4 new controls in two different command bars. One, the Tools menu of the VBE main bar, and two, to the right click popup menu of the code pane window. These four new controls are: "Convert selected code as HTML", " Convert current procedure as HTML", "Convert selected code as BB Code" and "Convert current procedure as BB Code". It will convert a selected portion of the code or the entire module if no selection has been made.

Thanks for your reply.
I read had read the instructions but am not familiar with HTML. As a result, I'm still not quite sure how to print the code in color.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
BX

You don't have to know anything about HTML.

Just do this. Install the Addin via Tools | AddIns.. in Excel, then go to the Visual Basic Editor (Alt F11). Select the code that you want to copy here, right click and choose "Convert selected code to HTML".

Then, come back here and press Ctrl V. That's it !

Thanks for your reply.
I understand I can paste the converted HTML into a new post on this site, however, I was wondering how I can print multiple pages of code with the colors appearing as they do on the screen.
Thanks again,
BX

Hi there,

Do you mean that you want to save all your code to one file on your hard drive/website that you can browse?

Copy the code to the clipboard using the VBHTMLmaker, then open up Notepad. Press Ctrl + V to paste it, and save the file, but be sure to change the extension to *.htm

You'll then be able to open up the file with internet explorer and print it.

JPG can correct me on this, but I think they may be a limit as to how much code it can copy at once. I've had better success doing the above if I copy one procedure at a time.

HTH,

Thank you very much for your reply.
I'll try what you suggested. I have lots of code to print but this seems like a possibly solution.
Once again, I appreciate your reply.
Cheers,
BX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjaimes042510

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back