Moving rows

mornecom

Hi all,

I am using the "Move rows" macro from #973. We constantly have people leaving the company (some for good and some on assignments) and many new people arrive monthly. I use the macro in two ways: 1. When someone goes on assignment I move their details with the press of a macro button to the "Assignments" worksheet. 2. When we get info of new people's details, it gets entered on the "Arrivals" worksheet. Only when a person physically starts is he/she moved into the "Master" sheet, also by means of the macro .

My question is, can the macro recognise the same function but when I change the "Dept" cell of the active row to "Assignment", that it moves the row to the "Assignments" sheet (without the need for a button)? It will prevent me having to install the newly created toolbar for every user.

Morne

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
If Seven of Nine had written the macro. I answer with a resounding "Yes." And if the inventor of #9 wrote it, 'ld also say sure. Boy, his girlfriend was a hottie. I think she is better looking than Seven of Nine. I don't think #9 would even recognise a macro if he grew to be a foot tall.

I have no experience with #973, so I don't have an opinion of his coding skills.

Upvote 0
OK, so I wasn't very clear... my apologies. It was the first thing I did this morning before I had a coffee and after this issue was mulling in my head all night long.

The reference was to Episode 973 of the MrExcel podcasts. Instead of sending you there, I decided to copy the macro instead:

Sub AssignedOut()
Dim WS1 As Worksheet
Dim WS2 As Worksheet
Set WS1 = ActiveSheet
Set WS2 = Worksheets("Assigned Out")

FirstRow = Selection.Rows(1).Row
RowCount = Selection.Rows.Count

NextRow = WS2.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row + 1

WS1.Cells(FirstRow, 1).Resize(RowCount, 40).Copy Destination:=WS2.Cells(NextRow, 1)

WS1.Cells(FirstRow, 1).Resize(RowCount, 40).Delete Shift:=xlUp

End Sub

I hope this make more sense now. I would like to know if the macro can respond when you change data in a certain cell to a specific value i.e. have a data validation which includes "Assigned out". The macro should then just respond on that value.

Thank you!

Morne

Upvote 0
That won't be hard, but first I gotta know...Is the "Certain Cell" that contains the string "Assigned Out" only one specific cell on WS1? If so which Cell?

Or is it a cell in a specific column of the table. IOW, in the list of employees(?), is there a column that contains the "assigned Out?" If so, which column.

The Procedure I am imagining will run every time that one cell or any cell in that column is changed to "Assigned Out."

SamT

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back