moving row info to columns

panda4444

hey all,

how can I can move all row information in column A to spread out evenly across columns horizontally instead of vertically...
basically I'm trying to fit more information on a page across columns instead of down a row.

thx

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
:D
HI!

thanks for the info.. but it's not working. I read the transpose information.. and tried it but it said my paste is not the same size or area.

Where do I put the formula... and what would if be if I want to:

move all values in A:2-A:781 to horizontally spread evenly across the top columns up to the bottom page breaks?

Thanks!
:)

Upvote 0
I think that your problem may be that you are trying to transpose rows A2:A781 to columns. Excel only allows 256 columns. Hence, it is impossible to transpose more than 256 rows.

Upvote 0
hmmm...

thats true but what I'm really tying to do is fit as much of the data/values in row A2-A700+ to flow down the columns rather than all in just column A.

For example: if 37 rows fit on to one verticle page then I would want to take rows A38-A74 start column B with those values... so that the values that were in a38-A74 are now B1-B37... then the same with the rest of the columns. if other words just fit as much info on one page horizontally rather vertically. Because, all my values in in column A and when I print I end up printing something like 20 one column pages...

I'm SO sorry I'm not good at explaining it and I appreciate all of your help so far. thank you.

Upvote 0
OK, here is a macro that will do what you want. You just need to change the value of "n" in it, which is the number of rows to print on a page.

Code:
Sub MovenRows()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Dim i, n As Long

'   Enter number of rows per page
    n = 37

i = n + 1

Do Until i > Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row
        Range("A" & i & ":A" & i + n - 1).Select
        Selection.Cut
        Range("IV1").End(xlToLeft).Offset(0, 1).Select
        ActiveSheet.Paste
        i = i + n
    Loop

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

End Sub

Upvote 0
well everthing was working fine until I started sorted special records to weed out multiply value lines.. now the macro you so kindly gave transposes rows to colums but with the multiple values that was previous to the macro running not weeded out.

I did noticed that the row numbers are not consecutive after i do the sort for example if row 2-13 are value "1042923" after it sorts out the values it the rows would now display 2 followed by row 14... does that make sense, is that the problem?

Upvote 0
panda4444,

I'm sorry, I don't understand what it is you are trying to ask. Perhaps if you go through a simple example, it will be clearer.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sfairbro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back