Move a person once it expired

Dwayne129

Good morning. I am currently new to Access and a project that I have been working on is a database for people trained and when they expire. Ive played around with it for awhile and cannot figure out how to make the system auto move it after the expire date. If anyone has any ideahow to do this. Please let me know.

Thank you,

Dwayne

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Welcome to the Forum what do you mean by Auto Move after Expire Date. Do you mean remove the person from the table? I would be very careful around this as if you have related data it will also remove any data that is linked to the person. You loose your history and that's not good.

If you want to hide someone from a list because a date is shown then you can create a query and set the Expire Date field to not show against entries in that Field.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your reply. So I have two Tables that I have made. One is for "Current active certificates" the other is "expired" is there anyway for me to set it up so where it will move from the Active to the Expired list?

Upvote 0
If you want to hide someone from a list because a date is shown then you can create a query and set the Expire Date field to not show against entries in that Field.
Healey21 is giving you some good advice here. The best design is NOT to have two almost identical tables, one for Active and one for Expired, but rather to have a single table and just have an Expired field. It is easy enough to exclude those expired records from queries, forms, reports, as he indicated.

Upvote 0
How do you go about excludeing these from a document? Is there any way to maybe see if people are close to expiring?

Thanks Hayden

Upvote 0
Assuming that your Expiration Date field may be blank (empty), let's say that you wanted to find any records with expiration dates within the next 7 days. You could create a calculated field in a query like this:
Code:
ExpireCheck: DateDiff("d",Date(),Nz([ExpireDate],DateSerial(2099,1,1)))
and then put the following Criteria under this calculated field:
Code:
Between 1 And 7

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bosvinn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back