more on the view only access.

buggy2

Board Regular
I have just been working on a very similar piece, and i was wondering does anyone know how to pick up the password from the network. I have picked up the username from the network as per normal, and then I have an array containing permitted usernames. If your username is present then your enter the password and onwards.

However is is possible to set the password to the network password and you can check the password against their network password.

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
Hi,

You can't retrieve the network password using code. That would be one hell of a hole in security if you could :eek:

I've created similar applications to the one you're talking about and have normally just assumed that if the username matches one on the validation list then go ahead and provide access to the application.

Upvote 0
passwords

Yes I know you cant can't physically retrieve the password. I was thinking whether or not you could in someway reference the password from their user account and check the login entered by the user against that reference. You could NEVER return it.

Upvote 0
Why don't you do like dk suggested and just check their login username? If the workstation's username is correct, then they would have had to enter the right password to log on to their workstation, so you shouldn't need to check it again.

I might be missing the point, though...

HTH,

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvp2262

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back