Mobile Broadband in the UK

Richard Schollar

MrExcel MVP
Hi

Does anyone have any experience of the Mobile Broadband services available in the UK? I am looking into signing up to a contract and would appreciate any experiences (good and bad) you can relate.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Do you mean internet on your mobile or the dongle that you can plug into your laptop?

I only have experience of the former, am with T-mobile using their web'n'walk and have no issues getting on the internet for emails (they get checked every 15mins), checking Facebook or the football scores. Plus I have googlemaps on my mobile which is absolutely invaluable and impresses everyone I show. I only pay £15pm and my phone does almost everything the iphone does but at an infinitely better VFM.

you'll probably tell me you want some advice on the dongle now right?!

I have 3 Mobile Broadband - it's the cheaper of the options, and as an existing 3 customer I get half price. 7GB allowance at typical £25 per month, I pay £12.50. The connectivity / speed is not quite as great as some of the other providers, but I haven't encountered any down time and such yet. I used to be with Tiscali BT broadband - NOT a good experience!!!

Mikey has the equivalent Vodaphone package and he seems equally pleased. Drop him a line when he's back from his hols...

Jon

Edit: I'll bring it along Weds if you like so you can see for yourself...

Thanks Jon - that would be good. I want something for when I'm on the train going to/from work.

I'm going to try and get work to pay for it too ;-)

no problem, I like waxing lyrical about my phone anyway. Its brilliant (and no, I don't work for T-Mobile).
:)

I want something for when I'm on the train going to/from work.

Mmmm, you're doing the Basingstoke line to Waterloo aren't you? I've done that trip a few times and my mobile (on 3) loses connection occassionally on that trip. Not sure how the other networks compare. I imagine someone like Vodaphone or O2 have better coverage...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warwick89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back