Missing! Tab Control...

Elysyn

I have a mystery on my hands here. I've created a form with two tabs (Access 2002). I can see the tabs in design view, but when I switch to form view, the tabs disappear and only page index 0 is visible. I can't see the other tab unless I make the first one not visible.

I've tried resetting all of the properties back to default for the form that I changed. (Even though they were the same last night when it still worked...) That hasn't helped. Has anyone encountered this before? Is there something *really* simple that I am just overlooking here?

I appreciate your help!
Thanks!

:oops:

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Elysyn said:
I've created a form with two tabs

When you say "tabs" do you mean two Tab CONTROLS, or two PAGES on a Tab Control?
If the former is true, then one will always block out the other. You need to only have one Tab Control, but with multiple pages (Right-Click it to add pages).
If the latter is true, is it possible that you have the Visible property of the individual PAGE set to false?

Upvote 0
Hi Elysyn

From your form click the design mode button, then select the control from the dropdown list on the left hand side of the screen, just below the design mode/Form view button. You must choose the TabCtl<number> control. Then click the properties button and goto Style. Select Tabs (It's probably None now) an tada!!

Try that

anvil19
:eek:

Upvote 0
Thanks for the responses!

bmacr - I have one Tab control with two pages. Visible was set to true.

anvil- I had the control set to Tabs.

Here's what I discovered the problem was. I thought this was interesting in an irritating sort of way:

I had the scroll bars set to Neither for the form. The tab control itself was just a little too long for the window. It appears that by default, when this occurs Access shows the bottom of the form, but not the top where the tabs are. The tab existed all along. When I set the Scroll bar to Vertical, lo and behold there were my tabs. So I shrunk the length of the form a tiny bit and took out the vertical scroll bar and it worked.

So it appears that <ahem> size does seem to matter... ;)

Upvote 0
Also remember that the amount of screen space can vary on other users machines due to things like office bars and task bars etc.

Peter

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smllchng5

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back