Missing Lists options

mikecox39

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a workbook with a "Details" sheet and a "Lists" sheet. The Lists sheet has my Account names.

There is an Account column on the Details sheet. I used to be that when I clicked on an empty cell in that column a triangle appeared at the right edge of the cell with the List from the Lists sheet, from where I could select the Account I want to appear in that cell. That is no longer happening, except in cells with data.

If I click the lower right corner of the last cell with data and drag it down the triangle returns but it also puts the Account of that last cell into the empty cells, as expected.

How do I get the triangle option back, without the data?

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
I have a workbook with a "Details" sheet and a "Lists" sheet. The Lists sheet has my Account names.

There is an Account column on the Details sheet. I used to be that when I clicked on an empty cell in that column a triangle appeared at the right edge of the cell with the List from the Lists sheet, from where I could select the Account I want to appear in that cell. That is no longer happening, except in cells with data.

If I click the lower right corner of the last cell with data and drag it down the triangle returns but it also puts the Account of that last cell into the empty cells, as expected.

How do I get the triangle option back, without the data?
That triangle is from a Data Validation List (Data tab, Data Tools panel, Validation button, List option)... you can select your new cells and impose the same list on them as was used in the cells above them OR copy the last cell with an arrow down one cell, delete the contents only (do not do a Clear All) of the that newly copied cell and then copy that newly cleared cell down as far as you need.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That triangle is from a Data Validation List (Data tab, Data Tools panel, Validation button, List option)... you can select your new cells and impose the same list on them as was used in the cells above them OR copy the last cell with an arrow down one cell, delete the contents only (do notI do a Clear All) of the that newly copied cell and then copy that newly cleared cell down as far as you need.
The liked the second option, I will use it in the future when I'm faced with this dilemma. Thanks (-;

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back