Missing Link? Unable to print report from form...

Elysyn

Greetings Access Gurus,

I am using Access 2002 and trying to get a report to print from a form. I have the report set up, and the command button set up, and the command button is connected to the report. However, when you click the print report button, it only prints the layout of the report without the data input on the form.

I am an Access Novice, and have a feeling I am missing something obvious and very necessary. I only want the active record to print on the report and nothing else. There are no queries attached to the report... could this be the step I am missing? And if so... how do I do so?

Thanks in advance for your expert advice!

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Yes, your report needs a data source, so it must be attached to a table or a query. If you want to limit it to print just one, or certain select records, then you want to attach it to a query, so you can select which records to print.

I usually accomplish this by creating a form of Select Criteria which creates the query via an SQL statement through VBA. This is a little advanced, so you probably don't want to go that route right now.

If you are just selecting one record all the time, the easiest way to do what you want is to add an Input Paramater to your query. Here is how you would do this:

Open your query in Design View. Find the field that you want to base your selection on. In the "Criteria" section of the field, enter a question inside square brackets.

For example, lets say the Field was LastName. In the Criteria section of your LastName field int he query, you could enter:

[Please enter the last name]

Now, whenever you try to open/view the query, an input box will appear asking the user to "Please enter the last name". After the do that, it will only show that record.

Now, in your report, if you click on Properties, in the Record Source field (first field under the "All" tab), enter/select the query name from above. No whenever you try to open the Report, the query input box will pop-up. After the user enters a value, the report will pop-up, only shwoing that record.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kkeller10

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back