Missing (hyper)link menu

clare_voiant

Board Regular
Hi,

I'm not sure what's happened.....

I have a hyperlink field and in the table (datasheet) it works fine, you attch by right clicking the mouse and then Edit Hyperlink to attach the link.

The problem is in the form i have created, the rightclick menu for the hyperlink just shows 'Add to favourites' or 'Display text:......'.

How can i get the menu to display 'Edit Hyperlink' as I want the users to use the form view not the datasheet view.

I already set the text box properties to 'Is Hyperlink' but it didnt change the menu.

Any help gratefully received as always....

Clare

ps.... unless someone has some code or knows how to create a dialog box to save as to a certain file path and save the file path as a hyperlink in said field :)

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
I have tried to re-create the problem, but have failed. Is the text Blue and underlined? If not, then I suggest that you check out the datatype of the field in the table is Hyperlink and also in the form. It should be blue and underlined. You could delete the control and re-create it. That might solve the problem.

Upvote 0
thanks but its not that. Its blue and its underlined :)

its just that when you right click on the form field to bring up the hyperlink menu, the menu only has the 2 items, so you cant attach.

do you think it might have something to do with the form being a sub form or a filtered form? its doing it on both but all the settings in the properties are the same as one I have on a different DB that works correctly.

ho hum....

:oops:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iours

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back