Misshapen graphics off printer

roscoe

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
I pasted a round picture onto a spreadsheet and it rained round, yet it prints out flattened into an oval shape. It previews that way to so it's not the printer.

Ideas? It's a company logo and if I screw it up it doesn't look professional...

Thanks in advance!

Roscoe

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
If you do the necessary streching of the picture, you can make the Print Preview show you proper roundness. Just try experimenting a little, until it "seems right" to you in the Print Preview.

Upvote 0
That's what I've always done before but I'm getting tired of it...figured there was a better solution.

Upvote 0
If this ALWAYS happens in the same way, say, with an aspect ratio (horizontal dx/vertical dy) of, say, always = 0.8, then, I'm almost positive that someone could code it for you. You might try to write a macro to that effect, using the Tools, Macro, etc. Then, with just a Ctrl+P, say, you could run the macro to configure your picture properly.

However, if the aspect ratio is not constant, or close to constant, for the different images you want to paste, then, perhaps it would require VBA code, so you would be prompted for the desired aspect ratio.

Upvote 0
I understand that and it isn't that hard to fix, but the point is...why should I have to? These are the kind of issues that make people hate Microsoft. Simple bugs (design failings) that linger through multiple versions.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vincenzo1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back