Minneapolis Residents - Stump the Microsoft Excel MVP

NateO

Legend
Hello,

I'm toying with the notion of setting up a Excel user group session, perhaps a once-a-month evening in downtown Minneapolis.

I don't have a huge budget for this, but I was thinking I (and perhaps you) could bring a laptop and we'd have live Q&A discussion with the group, and tackle real questions, live.

It would be hard to solve connectivity to proprietary DB issues and whatnot, but we could discuss issues around native Excel functionality, Worksheet functions, VBA, etc... If you really want to stump me, bring a Pivot Table question. Who knows, maybe if you stump me, someone else in the group will know a good solution?

I was thinking of setting this up following normal business hours, free, really casual, in a pub. More of a fun working session and perhaps networking deal than anything.

Any interest, or not so much? :)

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
I'm interested. Can I catch a cab from OR to MN? About how much would that be? ;)

This is an awesome idea, and I would indeed participate if I was there. I'm so isolated where I'm at, otherwise I'd think about doing something like that here. The closest person from this board in any direction is doco (AFAIK) and he's 60+ miles away. I'd love to hear how this turns out for you Nate.

Love the fumanchu pic (again). :)

I'm interested. Can I catch a cab from OR to MN? About how much would that be? ;)
Hmmm, about $3,000 give or take $1,000, I believe... :eeek:

Thanks! I'm already getting some interesting feedback on this, most of which is: This is of interest.

In addition to Excel users, Susan Ramlet (long-time Office MVP) is interested in attending, and my good friend, Marcus, a hardware and networking professional (deploys & trouble-shoots Micros systems) assures me that we'll have connectivity and is available, too.

This could be pretty good... We'll see. Send out an email at 5:30 on a Friday evening and prepare to wait for 3 days for results. :)

Last edited:
I'd be in for it too... I always knew living in KY would backfire somehow.

I grew up in Ohio and rather had that impression myself, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be though.:rolleyes:

Please post the meeting information if this is still happening. I am interested as well. Best regards!

Nate,

Did this never get off the ground? Did you have a bit of interest and then it fizzled? Or is it still going strong?

Hi Greg, I had a lot of interest on email and attendance was kind of weak the first go-around, and I let it slide a bit.

I should do another, I have an Access MVP and former Office MVP who also want to attend. It might be a few weeks as I'm literally booked solid into March...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Auroraaa

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back