3. 2016
  4. 2013
  5. 2011
  6. 2010
  7. 2007
To whom it may concern:

Thanks and many Thanks in advance!!

- I have never worked with lotus.
- I am supposed to migrate from Lotus (Smartsuite) to MS Excel lot of workbooks, and adapt their macros.

1) does anybody know any software to convert avery lotus workbook on a excel soreadsheet?? " If i have said anything stupid, let me know!"
2) do I have to doit manually, every single lotus 1 2 3, spreadsheet to one other excel??, or is there anything that could help a bit?
3) is it possible to save a Lotus 1 2 3 spreadsheet with a Excel extension "xls" through VBA.

Any Help will be apreaciated.

I actually would like to know if you have to migrate a folder containing 100's of Lotus spreadsheets to MS Excel...

What could be your fisrt step!

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
1) Not software that I know of, but there are a few companies that will do the conversion for you. A Google search for "convert lotus macros to excel" & "convert lotus to excel" turns up a few options.

I vaguely remember "SmartSuite"; isn't it like Microsoft Works (doesn't)?

In that it's not a full version of 1-2-3, so there might be problems there to begin with...

The problem with converting Lotus macros to Excel is that they're two entirely different animals; Lotus is just (I say just because I don't know any better) recorded keystrokes (unless something changed from the flash report I got from our CFO last week :unsure: ). That's the way it was when I last used Lotus, and from what I've seen, it hasn't changed (although you can color your sheet tabs now :rolleyes: ) So the keystrokes essentially need to be read, intrepreted and translated into VBA by hand unfortunately.

2) See the Google search part...

3) Possibly. You'd most likely want to open each Lotus file, then perform a Save As. To get any viable code you'd need to post some more details re: folder path, file names, and possibly the .wk extension.
I actually would like to know if you have to migrate a folder containing 100's of Lotus spreadsheets to MS Excel...
Better you than me, but it is job security! :wink:

A poor excuse for help, but hopefully it does a bit,

Smitty

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renslaw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back