message appeared, then disappeared

ladyinblack1964

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, all, I just joined the forum yesterday, so I'm still learning my way around. Tonight, when I logged in to check on a response to my post, when I hovered my mouse at the top right of the forum page, some kind of a drop down message appeared. But by the time I got a look at it, it disappeared. This happened twice. There are no conversations that I can see, and I can't find this message again.

Does anyone know what this is, is it important, and if so, how do I find it again?

Thank you very much for your patience.

Do you know exactly what you were hovering over?

It should be the bell icon on the toolbar, second icon next to your name:
1628525096109.png

It shows the unread notifications, if there is any reply to your threads or the threads you have replied before, and it will reset the counter (badge on it) as soon as you click on the bell icon and drop-down opens. So it is normal that you don't see it after seeing it once.

However, you can still click on it to see the most recent notifications, or click Show All link in the drop-down to see the older notifications that won't fit there.

To find your threads, by the way, you can simply click the Your Threads menu item in the Forums drop-down.

It should be the bell icon on the toolbar, second icon next to your name:
View attachment 44428
It shows the unread notifications, if there is any reply to your threads or the threads you have replied before, and it will reset the counter (badge on it) as soon as you click on the bell icon and drop-down opens. So it is normal that you don't see it after seeing it once.

However, you can still click on it to see the most recent notifications, or click Show All link in the drop-down to see the older notifications that won't fit there.

To find your threads, by the way, you can simply click the Your Threads menu item in the Forums drop-down.
Thank you very much! I was worried that I'd missed something important. I appreciate your help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sukhman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back