merge 2 or more cells horizontally in access Table

L

Legacy 287389

Hi good people!,

I am brand new to Ms Access. I did a little online course but I guess only the basics were covered. I have also searched but alas, no joy. I have 2 things to ask, please guys:

I am creating a table. On top in the grey row comes headings. okay, what I want to accomplish is merge the headers. Some must be 2 cells, others 3 cells and so on. Then I need sub-headers under that. Can this be accomplished in the tables part of Access?...Thank you all for any assistance with this...

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Hi,

The quick answer is: No.

Databases are not meant to work like spreadsheets. They split what a spreadsheet can do into three separate parts, namely:

1. Enter the data;
2. Store the data;
3. Present the data.

In Excel, for instance, those three parts get blurred. Access, on the other hand, uses tables for storing the data, only. You can view the tables and you can enter data there but it would be usual to create some forms to enter the data. That way all kinds of checking can be done to make sure that the data is sound. Also, presenting the data would usually be done with a report. The report can have the headings you want.

Upvote 0
Thank you for this response, okay that makes sense, so the report is then created to display the way I want it to be. Thanx again..

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bosvinn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back