Menu Buttons

yarnoss

Board Regular
Hi!, :rolleyes: Fairly new to access using access2000.I am trying to create a Service call Program so i can install onto my PDA. What i am trying to achieve once i create this database i want this database to launch automatically onto a Forms format with a Menu Screen with Command Buttons :oops: so all i need to do is click on the button and it directs me onto the job card. eg:- Pending jobs,All Service Jobs,Customers,Suppliers,(with customers and suppliers details) I think if i take this approach then i won't need to train my employees fully on Access just a simply course :oops: on how to use this application created on access :ROFLMAO:
If anybody has any other ideas they are welcomed!

Please try and keep answer simple :unsure: :coffee:

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
There's a lot in this but here's the helicopter view.
Opening to a set form -- easy. Create the form first and save it. Then Tools | Startup, pick the form from the drop-down list and it should be the first thing the users see when the db is opened.
Buttons to show you stuff -- Create the queries or reports that you need. Then go to your main form in design view, drag a Command Button onto the form with the Wizards activated, and follow the prompts. You can make the buttons open forms, queries or reports, without having to write any of the code yourself.
VERY brief, but you asked to keep it simple... :LOL: If you need help on the specifics, post back

Denis

Upvote 0
Thank you :p for the information but i spent all weekend searching the net found a starting point!! :confused: What i need to achieve is to understand how to create application switchboards. :rolleyes: If you assist me on how to create or know anywhere on the net that explains how to create switchboards with 3 buttons and and 3 switchboard forms.

cheers mate!!!!
:p

Upvote 0
Hi yarnoss,

the Switchboard is built using Tools | Add-Ins | Switchboard Manager. It's mostly point and click. To create a new page you need to select a command like New Switchboard or New Page (I forget which). To add lines to a page you select the switchboard name, select Edit, and then New Item or Add Item. You then have options to open forms or reports, run queries, and others.
Limitations: You can't exceed 8 items per switchboard page. And if you have too many pages, there will be so many nav buttons that there's not much room for useful operations :LOL: Still, a pretty good way to set up navigation for a small database.

For more info, try the MS knowledge base or run a Google search.

Denis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anmol Pandey19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back