Menu Bar

DeutchBose

Board Regular
I have a database that excludes all the full menu and tool bars...Under Tools>Startup, everything under 'Menu Bar' and 'Tool Bars' are un-checked.

On Startup, a Form pops-up with several report-running command buttons. When these reports pop-up, I'd want the user to be able to export to Word or Excel. I'd like to add the 'Export' Button that shows up on the full tool bar, but nothing else...

I've been playing around with Customizing the tool bars, but seem to be making a bigger mess of things....anyone have experience with this..?

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Why not instead add more options to the form?

That is add buttons to let the user preview, print, Export to Excel and Export to Word.

You could even use a dropdowns to show these choices and to show the reports.

Then have one command button that works with the choices the user has chosen.

Upvote 0
Good idea, and with the command buttons you can create a macro and just put the code behind the button. very simple process, takes about 5-10 minutes

Upvote 0
I like Norie's idea but if you still want to use the custom toolbar option, do this:

1. Right-click the menu area, Customise. In the Toolbars tab, click New. Make sure it's a Toolbar. Call it ExportOnly.
2. From the Commands tab, select File and scroll down to the Excel and Word icons. Drag them onto the toolbar. When finished, close the Customize box. To hide ExportOnly, right-click it and deselect.
3. Now, for EACH report, go to Design view. Properties | All, scroll down till you see Toolbar. Select ExportOnly, close adn preview the report. The toolbar will pop up, and will disappear when the report is closed. Make sure to save...

Denis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brainsanquine

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back