Maturity Date in Access

mba_110

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Dear All,

I am doing calculation for employees for their leave and Air ticket balances, firstly I want you to have their basic records like entitlement, balance & utilization etc.

The basic things that can be count in this calculation is below.

Fields Name in VacationSchedule_Query
Emp_ID Text Field Employees_table
HireDate Date Field Employees_table
EmployeeName Text Field Employees_table
Accrued_Tkt Number Field Airticket_Query
Airticket_Utilized Number Field Airticket_Query
Airticket_Balance Number Field Airticket_Query
Accrued_Days Number Field Leave_Query
Leave_Utilized Number Field Leave_Query
Leave_Bal Number Field Leave_Query
CalculationDate Date Field Contracts_table
EmpStatus Text Field Contracts_table

I need results & Functions for below fields in VacationSchedule_query
LeaveEntitleBy:
AirticketEntitleBy:

Now I need some condition to produce the query criteria and I need result based on following conditions.

I need if [EmpStatus] is Terminated or Resigned than no need to calculate anything
I need if [EmpStatus] is Active than formula have to check the Maturity Date of his Yearly entitlement value which is leave and Air ticket as mentioned above, for example if [Emp_ID] AA is having 12.5 in his [Leave_Bal] and 0.82 in his [Airticket_Balance] than I need what date his Leave value reach to 23 and Airticket value reach to 1 in Above result fields I need that future date, same should be treated for negative numbers if any employee already in minus then need date to reach him in positive for 23 and 1 this code should work for this also.

Now one more thing need to take care that [CalculationDate] is not today’s date and balances coming from different dates as its stored in Contract_table and every employee has his different contract entitlements and its divided in two parts as followed.

[LeaveTill2011] - for Some employees contract are different till 2011 mean it will work for those who hired before 2011
[LeaveFrom2012] - for some employees this portion is reconditioned who join after 2011 as well as who continue from above.

[TktTill 2011] and [TktFrm2012] field are the same way of above leave to calculated.

I know its look like complicated I do try to mention everything, if incase I forget to tell anything then please let me know.

Many thanks in advance for your kind help.

MA

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
You've had several views but no suggestions. I wonder if it's because you're asking way too much all at once, and you are quite correct - it is complicated (way too complicated).
Perhaps if you broke this up into chunks by dealing with your next and/or most pressing problem so that you can make some progress and solve as you go. Otherwise, you might be looking at a contract job for somebody to work with you to get to the end result, because communicating over an issue as big as this would be a very long forum thread indeed.

Upvote 0
Thnx Miron

I managed to create query now i have fields ready at least with totals and numbers.

lets say i have [CurrentDate] values based on their contract terms as mentioned above, now i am looking for final touch i need the dates where these figures reached to 23 in leave and 1 in tickets field, i need those dates.

Can you help me with this? i know in excel its EDATE function but i dont know what should be use in access 2010 to calculate above.

regards,

MBA

Upvote 0
i need the dates where these figures reached to 23 in leave and 1 in tickets field, i need those dates.
I'm guessing because I have no idea what you have to work with. If this is a query, put >=23 in the leave field criteria row and 1 in the tickets field. If this messes up your query, you could instead create another query that uses the first query as a table and add the criteria as noted. I have no idea where you're putting or viewing the results, so I think that's the best I can offer at this point.

You should always make suggested changes in copies of your db or table/query/form etc. until satisfied with the result.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damav78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back