Masters of Access - I need Assistance!!!

billythedj66

Board Regular
We have created a database of electric panels for a complex where I work. In this complex there is four buildings with twenty five electrical rooms total. Each room has four electric panels, therefore we have 800 panels. Each panel has it's own designation number. This is the primary key. I have created a List Box Search that enables the user to search by panel designation that then open that particular record. My question is how can I do multiple filtering list boxes to make searching easy.

Example: 1st List box lists the four buildings, after selecting the appropriate building, the second list box will contain those room numbers in that particular building. After the room number is selected, the final list box will only the panels in that room of that building. I hope I am stating this clearly enough.

FYI - I am using Access '97

Please help!!
Thank You in Advance

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
I have recently had this issue with a project I have been working on. Go to Article 209576 on the Microsoft Knowledge base, this is a solution for Access 2000. If like my company you are using Access 97 then you will need article 98660.

Good Luck (it does work!)

Fletch

:wink:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hglymph

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back