Map Database??

mtnbike_jr

I have a database that has evolved over the last two years, and is the back end for many Excel applications I have developed for my group. My company now is so impressed with the many Excel applications that they would like for me to expand my database to incorporate the whole company. Great, no prob! BUT.....there is so much clutter from old queries and such that I'd really like to present a very clean database to be ported. I can spend a whole lotta time mapping out what objects are dependent on other objects, and what Excel applications are active etc, but I'd really like to know if there is anything within Access or maybe a 3rd party add-in or something that could quickly analyze my database and tell me what's dependednt on what. I want to clean out the junk, but not delete anything that'll cause any of my applications to crash.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
mtnbike_jr

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
I have never used it but FMS has a good rep. Fairly pricy ~$300 so my company never got it for me :(

Peter

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ogoreo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back