Manipulating Charts

frizzy

Let's say I have a workbook with 6 sheets. One sheet has raw data, the other five are different types of charts based on that data. Along the top of my data page, I have every month for 2001, and 2002. So Jan to Dec, and then starting over at Jan and ending at Dec 2002. Down the side, I have different types of revenue. And the charts show this info. So there is one line in my line chart for 2001, 2002 and so on. Now what I want to do is add info to my data page for Jan through June, 2003 (so that I have a new line)and I want to show it in my charts. I think what I have to do is right click on the chart, go to source data and add a new series? Am I right? Is there a way to easily add this new information without having to do it for each chart?

(Hopefully this is clear................) :D

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking - but it sounds like your answer may be to group the sheets (right click on the "tab" and "select all sheets" or Shift Click to select certain sheets) If your data is in the same position on each sheet, adding new data on one of the selected sheets will add it onto all selected sheets. To ungroup the sheets, either click on a non-selected sheet or right click on the "tab" and select "ungroup".

If this is not what you are looking for perhaps you can respond with more specifics.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sfairbro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back