Maliware warning from this Site

davesexcel

When I search for an excel question and one of the hits are from this site, I get a warning from my virus protector about maleware and it kicks me out of the site instantly. This just started a week ago. Has there been a change in this site that is now causing this?

I do use Avast, I checked out the thread link and clicked on the links in that thread and did not get any alerts, but I still get alerts when clicking a link from the google search engine, not all links mind you, just some of them.

Thanks for the reply.

i also experienced same issue with this forum and i hope the boards are not doing shady things here.

i've got allerts for forum index as well ... some days i get alerts, others i don't

Last edited:
It aint this site thats the problem

It is the following

Page hijacking is a form of search engine index spamming. It is achieved by creating a rogue copy of a popular website which shows contents similar to the original to a web crawler, but redirects web surfers to unrelated or malicious websites. Spammers can use this technique to achieve high rankings in result pages for certain key words.
Page hijacking is a form of cloaking, made possible because some web crawlers detect duplicates while indexing web pages. If two pages have the same content, only one of the URLs will be kept. A spammer will try to ensure that the rogue website is the one shown on the result pages.
In some cases, legitimate web pages can be edited by external advertisers via XSS and redirected to promoting web site.

Checkout the following link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Page_hijacking

Many thanks

Toonies

Yes indeed. Someone was having similar issues on another forum and we couldn't figure out what it could be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugubara

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back