Making a list form

Harvey

Hi,

I am kind of new to programming with Access, but I have some VBA knowledge.
My problem is the following:
I have a form containing a list of persons from a database, with name, last name and address.
I want the name, last name and address all to appear in one text label, that the user cannot edit.
In other words, I want to create a list based on the database, where the user can browse through.
What is the best way to achieve this?

I'm sorry if someone already poasted this before, but I had no clue about where to search for.

Thanks for any replies.

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
In the form's query try something like this.

All:[Name]&[LastName]&[Address]

replace the field names between [] with your own.

Or you could use a combobox/listbox. Try adding one to your form and following the wizard.

Upvote 0
Thanks. I only cannot seem to make it working :( If I enter anything like that, I have some kind of error, or it doesnt show anything.
A combobox or listbox is not really an option I think, because I want to have other information in the list also, like birthday and other things. The way it is shown in a list form (dunno whats the english name for it) is ok. I only do not want the user to be able to edit it.

Upvote 0
Hi, if you want to show fields on your form that you do not want the user to edit, then go into the form design, right click the field you don't want the user to edit, click properties -> select the 'Data' tab -> either set 'Enabled' to 'No' (the user then can't select that field) or set 'Locked' to 'Yes' (user can select the field but can't change it).
HTH, Andrew :)

Upvote 0
Hi,
thanks for the reply.
Disabling the fields is what I tried to do. But then, the fields turn out grey, which I do not want to happen. I also cannot put multiple fields from the database in one field this way. I tried it with code, but then the fields are in all records the same. There is probably some way to fix that, but I don't know how to do it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LizN

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back