Make Table Error Message

gheyman

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am trying to create a Make Table but when I run the query I get a message:

"A Calculation column cannot be saved without a valid expression in the Expression property"

I have no idea what this means. Can someone explain this?

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Can you post the make table query statement?

Upvote 0
SELECT tblCustomerLst.Cust_Corporation, tblCustomerLst.Cust_Division, tblCustomerLst.Cust_Location, tblProgramsLst.Program_Name, tblCommodityLst.Commodity_Type, tblRFPStageLst.RFP_Stage, tblProposalStatusLst.Proposal_Status, tblRFPManager.PID_Number, tblRFPManager.Bid_NoBid, tblRFPManager.Charge_Number, tblRFPManager.Proposal_Title, tblRFPManager.Proposal_Description, tblRFPManager.Prime_Customer, tblRFPManager.RFP_Number, tblRFPStatusLst.RFP_Status, tblSalesTypeLst.Sales_Type, tblCountryLst.Country_Name, tblSolicitationTypeLst.RFPSubmittal_Type, tblBusinessTypeLst.Business_Type, tblBidTypeLst.Bid_Type, tblRFPManager.BP_Budget, tblContractTypeLst.ContractType_Acronym, tblApprovalClassificationLst.Value_Classification, tblJobCatagoryLst.Job_Catagory, tblRFPManager.Win_ProbChart, tblRFPManager.RFP_ReceiptDate, tblRFPManager.RFP_ExtendedRspDate, tblRFPManager.RFP_RspSubmittalDate, tblRFPManager.Submittal_LetterNumber, tblRFPManager.Expiration_Date, tblRFPManager.Proposal_AwardValue, tblRFPManager.Award_Date, tblRFPManager.POP_Start, tblRFPManager.POP_End, tblRFPManager.Project_Number, tblRFPManager.Contract_Number, tblEmployeeLst.UserID INTO MktblRFPMgrGlobalFilter
FROM tblJobCatagoryLst RIGHT JOIN (tblApprovalClassificationLst RIGHT JOIN (tblContractTypeLst RIGHT JOIN (tblBidTypeLst RIGHT JOIN (tblBusinessTypeLst RIGHT JOIN (tblSolicitationTypeLst RIGHT JOIN (tblCountryLst RIGHT JOIN (tblSalesTypeLst RIGHT JOIN ((tblJobTypeLst RIGHT JOIN (((tblProposalStatusLst RIGHT JOIN (tblRFPStageLst RIGHT JOIN (tblRFPStatusLst RIGHT JOIN (tblCommodityLst RIGHT JOIN (tblProgramsLst RIGHT JOIN (tblCustomerLst RIGHT JOIN tblRFPManager ON tblCustomerLst.Customer_ID = tblRFPManager.Customer) ON tblProgramsLst.Program_ID = tblRFPManager.Program_NameX) ON tblCommodityLst.Commodity_ID = tblRFPManager.Commodity_TypeX) ON tblRFPStatusLst.RFPStatus_ID = tblRFPManager.RFP_StatusX) ON tblRFPStageLst.RFPStage_ID = tblRFPManager.RFP_StageX) ON tblProposalStatusLst.ProposalStatus_ID = tblRFPManager.Prop_StatusX) LEFT JOIN tblEmployeeLst AS tblEmployeeLst_1 ON tblRFPManager.PID_Owner = tblEmployeeLst_1.Employee_ID) LEFT JOIN tblEmployeeLst ON tblRFPManager.PID_Creator = tblEmployeeLst.Employee_ID) ON tblJobTypeLst.JobType_ID = tblRFPManager.Job_TypeX) LEFT JOIN tblCustContactsLst ON tblRFPManager.CustContact = tblCustContactsLst.CustContacts_ID) ON tblSalesTypeLst.SalesType_ID = tblRFPManager.Sales_TypeX) ON tblCountryLst.Country_ID = tblRFPManager.Country_EndUserX) ON tblSolicitationTypeLst.RFPSubmittalType_ID = tblRFPManager.Solicitation_TypeX) ON tblBusinessTypeLst.BusinessType_ID = tblRFPManager.Business_TypeX) ON tblBidTypeLst.BidType_ID = tblRFPManager.Bid_TypeX) ON tblContractTypeLst.ContractType_ID = tblRFPManager.Contract_TypeX) ON tblApprovalClassificationLst.ValueClass_ID = tblRFPManager.Approval_LvlClassificationX) ON tblJobCatagoryLst.JobCatagory_ID = tblRFPManager.Job_CatagoryX
ORDER BY tblRFPManager.RFPMgr_ID DESC;

Upvote 0
Eh, that isn't really a make table query.:eek:

Are you trying to use that query to make a table?

Upvote 0
Yes.

I have a query abd in design view I clicked the Male Table icon. Now the query shows the datasheet icon and an exclamation point in fromt of the name in the navigation pane. Is that not a Make Table Query?

Upvote 0
Does the query work via the Run ! button?

Upvote 0
No, that's when I get the error message

Upvote 0
So when you run it as a normal query instead of a make table query you get the same error?

Upvote 0
create a new blank query

view it in sql mode

paste that mess in there

remove " INTO MktblRFPMgrGlobalFilter "

remove "ORDER BY tblRFPManager.RFPMgr_ID DESC "

keep it in sql mode the entire time

run the query

does it run ?

does every column have a name ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doug Mize 1024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back