Make a new worksheet at every page break in a worksheet & name each sheet after a value from a cell.

Arcomvi

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi
Thank you for the code previously posted John_W, it works great however, Im hoping you can help with an additional problem to this. I need each tab to be labeled based on a value within a cell on each new speadsheet. There is a catch, the cell that has the data is always on a different row but only ever in one column ie; H
I look forward to your help :)
Code provided previously
VBA Code:
Public Sub Copy_Each_Page_Break_Section_To_New_Worksheet()

Dim reportWorksheet As Worksheet
    Dim saveActiveCell As Range
    Dim lastRow As Long, pageStartRow As Long
    Dim page As Long
    Dim newWorksheet As Worksheet

'Look on the active sheet in the active workbook

Set reportWorksheet = ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet
    Set saveActiveCell = ActiveCell

With reportWorksheet

lastRow = .Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
        pageStartRow = 1

'Copy rows in each page break section to new worksheet

For page = 1 To .HPageBreaks.Count           
            Set newWorksheet = .Parent.Worksheets.Add(after:=.Parent.Worksheets(.Parent.Worksheets.Count))
            newWorksheet.Name = "Page " & page
            .Rows(pageStartRow & ":" & .HPageBreaks(page).Location.Row - 1).EntireRow.Copy newWorksheet.Range("A1")           
            pageStartRow = .HPageBreaks(page).Location.Row
        Next

If pageStartRow <= lastRow Then

'Copy rows after last page break to new worksheet

Set newWorksheet = .Parent.Worksheets.Add(after:=.Parent.Worksheets(.Parent.Worksheets.Count))
            newWorksheet.Name = "Page " & page
            .Rows(pageStartRow & ":" & lastRow).EntireRow.Copy newWorksheet.Range("A1")

End If

End With

'Restore active cell

reportWorksheet.Activate
    saveActiveCell.Select

End Sub

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Should be easy, as long as we can determine which cell in H to look at. Is the cell special compared to all the other cells in H in some way? For example, is it always the only cell with a value in H? Or can the cell to look at only contain a certain set of values that can't appear anywhere else in H? Or is the cell a named range? A picture of your sheets might help.

Upvote 0
Should be easy, as long as we can determine which cell in H to look at. Is the cell special compared to all the other cells in H in some way? For example, is it always the only cell with a value in H? Or can the cell to look at only contain a certain set of values that can't appear anywhere else in H? Or is the cell a named range? A picture of your sheets might help.
Thankfully, it is the only cell with data in column H. Unfortunately, the spreadsheet has no gridlines nd is formatted in a very strange fashion. This is an output from a SAP type system. Sorry I couldn't be any more help. Oh, the contents of the cell is formatted as "general" and can be txt, numbers or combination.

Upvote 0
Replace your For-loop and the If-statement with these, if you just want to name the sheets the same value on the H-cell. You never specified how you wanted to name it though?

VBA Code:
            .Rows(pageStartRow & ":" & .HPageBreaks(page).Location.Row - 1).EntireRow.Copy newWorksheet.Range("A1")
            newWorksheet.Name = "Page " & newWorksheet.Range("H" & newWorksheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Value
        Next

newWorksheet.Name = "Page " & newWorksheet.Range("H" & newWorksheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Value

End If

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Replace your For-loop and the If-statement with these, if you just want to name the sheets the same value on the H-cell. You never specified how you wanted to name it though?

VBA Code:
        Next

End If
Thank you :) To give you an idea on names for the tabs, I have a spreadsheet list, heres a snippet;-

1720477937084.png

Upvote 0
Thank you :) To give you an idea on names for the tabs, I have a spreadsheet list, heres a snippet;-

View attachment 113844
I ran the new code and it worked great, although I didnt require the word "page" so removed it from the code. The code has highlighted a new issue though. Unfortunately, although the code works correctly, some of the pages are extensions of the previous page (tab name) and therefore doesnt have a "H" value present. Is there a way in the code where if it cannot see any value in "H" column it will ignore and dont create a tab? Thanks :)

Upvote 0
I ran the new code and it worked great, although I didnt require the word "page" so removed it from the code. The code has highlighted a new issue though. Unfortunately, although the code works correctly, some of the pages are extensions of the previous page (tab name) and therefore doesnt have a "H" value present. Is there a way in the code where if it cannot see any value in "H" column it will ignore and dont create a tab? Thanks :)
Sorry, realised that I needed to edit my sentence but ran out of time. If a value isnt present in "H" then add the page to the current tab, and so on.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back