macro to upgrade cell values!!!

ckmoied

Board Regular
I have some item number in col A, item names in col B, and quantities in Col C, of sheet 1.

Now in sheet 2, col A , I enter any of the part numbers, such that col B takes the name automatically as I used VLOOKUP function. However I enter the new quanitity for this item in Col C.

Now I need a macro such that once run this macro, the corresponding value in sheet 1 must upgrade to the new quantity (as entered in sheet 2) for the specific item only.

any suggestion

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
ckmoied said:
I have some item number in col A, item names in col B, and quantities in Col C, of sheet 1.

Now in sheet 2, col A , I enter any of the part numbers, such that col B takes the name automatically as I used VLOOKUP function. However I enter the new quanitity for this item in Col C.

Now I need a macro such that once run this macro, the corresponding value in sheet 1 must upgrade to the new quantity (as entered in sheet 2) for the specific item only.

any suggestion

Copy this code into your Sheet2 module and try to change the quantity in sheet2 column C and see the desired result getting or not
<Pre>
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
Dim rng1 As Range, rng2 As Range
If Target.Column = 3 Then
Set rng1 = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1:A" & Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row)
Set rng2 = rng1.Find(Target.Offset(0, -2))
rng2.Offset(0, 2).Value = Target.Value
End If
End Sub</Pre>

GNaga

Upvote 0
Sorry, the suggested macro did not work. Maybe I am mistaken about the method of adding the module in the worksheet. Can u please suggest the step wise method of addign the module to the worksheet.

thanx.

Upvote 0
ckmoied said:
..... Can u please suggest the step wise method of addign the module to the worksheet.

thanx.

Right click the leftmost excel icon (on the left side of File Menu) and click view code.

Underneath of the Microsoft Excel Object tree double click Sheet2 and then paste this code. Then try.

GNaga

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sfairbro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back