Macro Thiefs

nona

Is there a way that I can hide my Macros? Or can I change the font color in my micro editor so that all that is seen is white text on white background?

Nona

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
How about right-clicking the VBA Project, selecting "VBA Properties...", going to the "Protection" tab and locking the project with a password?

Upvote 0
Thanks perkins for the speedy reply. I want others to view the excel document, but I don't want them to copy the Macros.

Upvote 0
that should work.

Are you sure you mean macros (ie the vba code that you have recorded or written) - if so, password protecting the VBA project should be OK.

If you mean that you want to hide the formulas in cells, that's different.

Upvote 0
Thanks again. Yes, I am speaking of the code in the VBA editor and not the formula. I know that you know what your talking about, but incase I am not clear here is an example code:

[ActiveSheet.Paste
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True]

I can't find the VBA object. Is that the window that pops up when I press f4?

Nona

Upvote 0
wait, i press F2 and got VBA project. When I go to properties I get a pop up box that says member option and all I can do there is write a description, it doesn't have any tabs.

nona

Upvote 0
Thanks for all of your help. i did find the properties for the VBA project, however it didn't lock the VBA code. When I go to run>macro>select Macro Name>edit> It shows the code and someone could copy the code.

Upvote 0
You were right. When i closed the file and opened it back up the edit button was greyed out. Thanks for your lead in and help!

Nona

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eccymarge

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back