Macro question

Citrusandsage

Office Version
  1. 365
I have a an excel file that is a statement for commissions and a data validation list of employees that I filter on when I am trying to export to a PDF when doing macros. I record , filter on each employee name, I copy the name of the person in the formula bar > export to PDF And paste the name as the file name and save into the corresponding folder. However, when I run the macros I have this glitch where one of the names that I copied gets pasted into a cell in the Excel statement and then saves multiple employees PDFs as that name and I cannot figure out why it’s doing that. do I need to physically type the persons name as the file name and not copy and paste? I haven’t tested this out yet because I’m dealing with over 200 employees so I figured I would ask if anybody knows of this glitch and what do I do to fix it?

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
Maybe post the problem code and something might be figured out. You should not have to manually type; copy/paste should be good enough. It's good enough for some of the macros you have, yes? This is likely more of a code bug than a glitch.

If you post code, please paste within code tags (use VBA button on posting toolbar) to maintain indentation and readability.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back