Macro not working for other colleagues

Lucas46

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,
I often create "sort" macros to sort entries in a certain order.
They work fine for me wherever I login for my work, at home, in the office, on different work stations. But when other colleagues open the file and click on the button I inserted, it comes up with an error code.
They do click on the "enable macros" message that pops up.
Does anyone know what that can be?
Any help appreciated :)

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
I presume it's because they're opening the file from an email, or they have first saved it to a non-Trusted Location. They would have to first save it in a Trusted Location on their hard drive or TL on a network folder. If the file comes from the internet, IIRC there is a checkbox in the file properties sheet that deals with files that come from the internet. They would have to check (or is it uncheck - I can't recall) that box first. Either way, it is all done to protect the innocent.
Easier to just deal with the Excel prompt I think.

Upvote 0
I presume it's because they're opening the file from an email, or they have first saved it to a non-Trusted Location. They would have to first save it in a Trusted Location on their hard drive or TL on a network folder. If the file comes from the internet, IIRC there is a checkbox in the file properties sheet that deals with files that come from the internet. They would have to check (or is it uncheck - I can't recall) that box first. Either way, it is all done to protect the innocent.
Easier to just deal with the Excel prompt I think.
Hi,
The file had not moved or emailed.
They open it from the same location.
... but possibly through a different server as we're all working in different locations or from home through a secured connection...
Could that be it...?

Upvote 0
it comes up with an error code.

What is the error code? For any error (compile error or runtime error), typically it is a good idea to report 3 things:

1. Error number
2. Error message
3. Line of code that generates the error.

Upvote 0
What is the error code? For any error (compile error or runtime error), typically it is a good idea to report 3 things:

1. Error number
2. Error message
3. Line of code that generates the error.
Let me ask one of my colleagues, I should have done this before I posted ... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
runtime error '438': Object doesn't support this property or method.

Upvote 0
Well, that covers items 1 and 2. What about 3?
If you're posting code, please enclose it in code tags (VBA button on forum posting toolbar) to maintain indentation and readability.
A wild guess: you have a code reference set, they do not.

Upvote 0
That's 2 out of 3, but you didn't answer the 3rd question!

Usually, when you get the error message, you will get an option to click a "Debug" button.
When you click that, it should highlight the offending line of code in yellow.
It would be very helpful to see, and to see all your code.

Also, did you confirm what version of Excel the users getting this error are using?
If they are using an older version than you, you may be using code that has new arguments that their versions do not have.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back