Macro needed to insert 4 rows in table, copy data from above, copy data from another sheet and paste special (transpose values) to those new rows...re

Qwissy

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hey smart people! I'm a novice at macros and have found myself in a little too deep to handle this task with a macro and don't know VBA language to get this done.

I have a spreadsheet with multiple sheets. My macro needs to:
  1. Select the main sheet.
  2. Make task relative.
  3. drop down 1 line
  4. Insert 4 lines
  5. Copy the data from one cell above to the same cells in those 4 new lines
  6. Copy images (https://...) from Other Sheet over to the main sheet to those new lines into the appropriate cell of the newly inserted lines. Those images are on the one row in 4 cells (4 columns) in the Other Sheet and need to be transposed to the one cell (1 column) in the next 4 lines down and just as values (not formulas).
  7. then go down to the next line item to set up for the next repetitive motion till all items in the Main Sheet table are completed.
As data is input differently from the month before, the Main Sheet and Other Sheet will be different in number of filled rows each time so I need to make the macro stop after it can't find any more data to alter.

Can anyone help steer me to the best way to conquer this, please?

(Unable to Upload Mini-sheet; says workbook is protect and unable to unprotect it.)
Image shows first line item with 4 lines inserted and images pulled and copied/transposed to new rows below. 2nd line item is started with 4 new rows inserted (nothing else done to it). All items need repeat procedure.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-17 150229.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-09-17 150229.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 4

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vincenzo1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back